Moon Coastal Maine: With Acadia National Park
Seaside Getaways, Cycling & Paddling, Scenic Drives
- Strategic, flexible itineraries like a long weekend Down East, five days in Acadia, and a two-week road trip
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Bike through timberland forests or take a lighthouse cruise down the Kennebec River. Sample wild blueberries, farmstead cheeses, and preserves from roadside farm stands, find the best beachfront lobster shack, or mingle with locals over a "chowdah suppah." Discover maritime history in a traditional fishing village or explore pedestrian-only islands packed with hiking trails. Watch the boats sway in a quiet harbor, unwind on a sandy pocket beach sandwiched between two headlands, or immerse yourself in the secluded wilderness of Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park
- Honest insight from Maine native Hilary Nangle on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from budget campgrounds to historic inns
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Recommendations for getting there and getting around by plane, car, train, or bus
- Thorough background on the culture, environment, wildlife, and history
Exploring inland? Try Moon Maine. Hitting the road? Check out Moon New England Road Trip.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.