Moon Croatia & Slovenia: With Montenegro
Beaches & Waterfalls, Coastal Drives, Castles & Ruins
- Flexible itineraries from one week in each country to two weeks in both, including a side trip to Montenegro, plus how to make the most of short stays in Zagreb, Dubrovnik, and Ljubljana
- Suggestions for a Dalmatian Islands getaway and other day trips to escape the city crowds
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Go truffle hunting in Istria or taste homemade vintages on an ancient wine route. Walk along the creamy stone and red-tiled roofs inside Dubrovnik's 15th-century walls or wander through Ljubljana's historic Tivoli Park. Leave crowded beaches behind and hire a boat to explore lesser-known islands. Wind your way up snowy Mount Sljeme, hike to caves and waterfalls in Croatia's Plitvice Lakes National Park or go rafting in Slovenia's Soca River
- Expert insight on when to go, what to do, and where to stay from former Zagreb local Shann Fountain Alipour
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs of each country
- Handy tools such as visa information, Croatian, Slovenian, and Montenegrin phrasebooks
Looking for more sunshine? Try Moon Amalfi Coast. Heading east? Check out Moon Prague, Vienna & Budapest.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.