Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills
Seasonal Getaways, Outdoor Recreation, Farm-Fresh Cuisine
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from day trips from New York City to week-long road trips, designed for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, art-lovers, foodies, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Cycle along rolling hills and quiet country roads, hike to rushing waterfalls, hit the slopes in the winter, or discover the best spots to see the striking fall foliage. Take a tour of Washington Irving's romantic home, admire the historic Kykuit Estate, go antiquing in Cold Spring Village, or stroll through Sleepy Hollow. Take a cooking class at the Culinary Institute of America, browse for produce at a local farmers market, sip your way along a Hudson Valley wine trail, or savor innovative cuisine at a farm-to-table restaurant
- The best hikes in the Hudson Valley and the Catskills, with trail descriptions, elevation gains, and trailheads
- Honest advice from Catskills native Nikki Goth Itoi on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from full-service resorts and historic inns to secluded cabins and campsites
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history, plus how to get there and get around
With Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills' practical tips and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring more of the Northeast? Check out Moon New England Road Trip. Headed to the Big Apple? Try Moon New York City Walks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.